Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.


Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx


Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/


Membership Requirement

This forum is for notifications of upcoming web site maintenance & other important information.

Moderator: Jerry Nicholson

Membership Requirement

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:03 pm

It is becoming increasingly difficult and time consuming to manage and control this forum because of the all the spam robots trolling the Internet.

I have activated a software modification to the forum that will delete any activated user who has not posted a message within 10 days of registration.

The reason for adding this software modification is that public forums are magnets for spammers. Even with all of the other anti-spam restrictions this board still has 2-3 spammers register every week and 10-20 spam attempts every day. 99% of spammers register on a board and never post a message. The other 1% will post links to porn or other such nonsense that makes it easy to eliminate them right away. Requiring members to post one message a year will enable me to weed out the rest of the spammers more easily.

Also, because of the privacy concerns by some members, most forums were closed to the public and require a membership & a log-in to read or post.

I created this board as a family site for all former & current BR residents & staff and their extended families to use as a means of communication & brotherhood.

This is the only way to keep this a family board and eliminate the porn and other such offensive material that is pervasive on the Internet from invading our forum. I am sorry if this presents a problem or alienates anyone who is a regular visitor to the site. However it is necessary & I would appreciate your cooperation.

Also make sure your email address is up to date. If the email address bounces because it is invalid, that account will be deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin.
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.com/forum/index.php
Jerry Nicholson
Image
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Image
User avatar
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:33 am
Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Re: Membership Requirement

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:34 pm

since this is no longer a problem I an archiving this thread.
Jerry Nicholson
Image
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Image
User avatar
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:33 am
Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails


Return to Web Site Notice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron