Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

about Dan Wohlgemuth

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

about Dan Wohlgemuth

Postby Gary Wohlgemuth » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 am

Hello Jeff, Im hiding in Burbank, Oklahoma. Bill resides in Optima, Okla. And Dan is living in Tyrone, Okla. Dan is suffering from enfezema (however you spell that) and has lived longer than the doctor thought already. Hes always been a tough little guy. He still gets around really good and only his lack of endurance makes you realise how sick he is.I was stunned when i stumbled on this web site to see names from the past.its odd that of so many ex ranchers , so few post messages here.I never did find that list of deceased ranchers. Someone said it was on this web site? Id be very interested as to where are old dorm mates are. I know, unfortunately, about David Eisenmans death. He worked on oil rigs with local friends of mine at the time of his death. Do you know anything of Danny Stout, Tommy Alvarez, Ken Williams, Jesse Eisenman? It was cool to see Leo and Johnnys picture on the site. I still remember tons of guys from BR. Ill be 57 tomorrow, by the way.
western/Jim Hill 1960-1965
Gary Wohlgemuth

Postby david260 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:47 am

Gary this is David Rodgers I was in Lutz and Jim Hill. I remember your name but can't put a face on you. I asked abount Danny Stout a few weeks ago but did not get a response.
I think the list of deceased exs is on this site but I can't remember how I found it. I talked to Lane Bostick (SP) one day and he read from a list that he had and asked me if I knew some of the names. His profile is here so maybe you could get together with him.
Welcome to the site.
david260

Postby david260 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:52 am

Opps, Laqn Bostwick is the man with the list. Blew that name didn't I.
david260

Postby Willis_72 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:06 am

Someone said it was on this web site

Gary,

It's on the alumni website.

http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.or ... fault.aspx

There are two links in my signature. One is to this forum where we talk about old times and the other is to the alumni website where you can find information about the alumni organization and current events. 8)
Chapter Farmer - FFA, Willis Dorm -69-72
Willis_72

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:25 pm

Gary, I saw Tommy Alvarez at the rodeo this year. He looks good. He is probably one of the few you would recognize if you haven't seen him in a long time. He looks the same as always.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Postby david260 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:08 pm

Go to Get Connected on the home page on this site and they have the names of the departed.
david260

Postby Jeff Mitchell » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:13 pm

I saw Ken Williams during this last rodeo, at a social gathering at one of the hotels in Amarillo. He is still tall and as skinny as he was when he was at the ranch and seemed to be in good health. I think I remember him saying that he lived in Tulsa, Ok.
Jeff Mitchell

first name: Jeff
last_name: Mitchell
From-To Years at BR: 1958-1965
Home: Western Ave & Jim Hill Hall

Postby LeoWells » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:42 pm

Gary:

If you can get to the OFFICIAL alumni site, you can mosey over to Karl Sarpalius' photos that he took at this year's Rodeo. I have a bunch of shots of guys from rodeos 2000 and 2002.

You should find Jim Calhoun pictured among this year's batch, as well as a group shot of all three Sarpalius brothers with the Peggrams.

I have shots of them, the Adams, and some others that I believe came after you left.
LeoWells

Re:

Postby JaroldMer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 am

Jeff Mitchell wrote:I saw Ken Williams wearing this maleEdge last rodeo, at a social gathering at one of the hotels in Amarillo. He is still tall and as skinny as he was when he was at the ranch and seemed to be in good health. I think I remember him saying that he lived in Tulsa, Ok.

Is he still around?
Last edited by JaroldMer on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
JaroldMer

first name: Jarold
last_name: Merrick
From-To Years at BR: 2011-2013
Home: Seattle

Re: about Dan Wohlgemuth

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:41 am

Ken usually comes to rodeo.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Return to Looking for People