Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Tommy Hickerson

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Tommy Hickerson

Postby nernon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey, Scott Johnson here. I have really enjoyed reading the posts over the months. I was wondering if anyone had kept up with Tommy Hickerson after he left the ranch. I know he came to BR from Rosebud Texas. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I had a rather lengthy talk with our " Hometown" hero Mr. Robert Solano. Man what memories we have. If the world had more guys like him, it would be a better place. So long for now.
Scott Johnson
Edwards Dorm
1978-1984
nernon

first name: Scott
last_name: Johnson

Re: Tommy Hickerson

Postby Tiny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:11 pm

nernon wrote:Hey, Scott Johnson here. I have really enjoyed reading the posts over the months. I was wondering if anyone had kept up with Tommy Hickerson after he left the ranch. I know he came to BR from Rosebud Texas. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I had a rather lengthy talk with our " Hometown" hero Mr. Robert Solano. Man what memories we have. If the world had more guys like him, it would be a better place. So long for now.

Scott,
Good to hear from you again, been a long time ya know. Looking and seeing Bryan Johnson signed up and it is starting to look like a few edwards guyts making a come back. i saw David Hayes back during Desert Storm in Alameda, Cal. while I was in the NAvy, he was surprised at meeting me since Jay and I were in the same grade.
Can't help you perse with Tommy H. But possibly the Alumni Association at the Amarillo office might be of help.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby chefkyle » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:25 pm

hey tiny...do you ever hear anything about robert bartoswich or eddie ransome or john garrity or boyd garrett? those guys were in my dorm ( mf ) i often think about those guys and wonder how they are doing? have a great day tiny...:)
chef kyle h.
chefkyle@sbcglobal.net
never trust a skinny chef

www.personalchefsforyou.com
chefkyle

first name: chef
last_name: kyle
From-To Years at BR: 1975-1981
Home: mf-home of the softball champs EVERY summer :)

Postby Tiny » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 am

Chef,
I saw Robert B. after he left BR back in 1988 or 89 working as a bouncer in a club in Amarillo and I was out with my friend H.E. Burcharrd and he were getting loose. He was built pretty good for the position as I recall, although I never saw him again. And I believe Mike Crain could give some info about Edward Ransome, I think he was doing time but Mike would know. The other guys not sure I remember them so no data on them. I was amazed at howm many guys live in Amarillo that you'd never know about that lay low and live life.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby MCrane » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 am

Word I got about Edward Ransom was that he died. Dont know any of the details, that's just what Beverly Beauchamp told me quite a few years ago.
Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Return to Looking for People