Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Picture from 1976.....Cargill....Christopher...

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Re: Picture from 1976.....Cargill....Christopher...

Postby MikeBateman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:11 pm

He was prolly a bully and beat up all the younger boys now hes affraid they might come back now that hes old and there younger and in shape and they might track him down and do a lil payback kinda like i would like to find kieth dunn now lol
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

first name: Mike
last_name: Bateman

Postby Robert King » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:14 pm

If you are NOT the same Eddie Cargill in this pic, that was a senior in 76-77.....than I apologize. The Cargill I have been talking about has your name.....so I am not pasting YOU all over the board.....but actually HIM.

Sorry about the water damage.....Leo, were there Two Cargills at the ranch?
Attachments
scan0029.jpg
Robert King

first name: Robert
last_name: King

Postby MikeBateman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 pm

alright a new pic to post all over the net lol
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

Postby Robert King » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 pm

LOL Not that that was the point.....that mean SOB was part of my childhood.....and there were a couple positive moments.......so just trying to clear the record....in case it was a mistaken identity. Then I own up to being wrong.....but I don't remember TWO Cargills.....God isn't THAT stupid!
Robert King

Postby LeoWells » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:59 am

Rob: These guys are all the same. They both lived in Maynard in summer 1972 and left when you were already there and that group had already moved to Rafter R.

Your group of boys was the very LAST bunch that began as boys moved from several dorms to fill up a dorm. When we left Jim Hill in Sept 1968 to move to Fischer, they did significant remodelling and moved some boys into Jim Hill from other dorms sometime in the spring of 69. Peggram said that was a very bad idea. Brought out the worst in boys and staff. At least 2 DPs before Christopher. Eddie was part of the landscape of this group when he arrived just 2 weeks after I left.

Hamilton was also filled from boys in Jim Hill, but all were new guys that weren't hardened.
LeoWells

Postby BR-69 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:04 am

You dont know anything about me,or who I am associated with.Evidently BR did not teach you not to run your mouth.I am not a bully but am a mean SOB,BR made me that way.It is my right to protest if I do not like a certain individual talking about me.You, Robert King once accused me of doing something I did not do and I do not like you or care to conversate with you or have you conversate about me.If that can not be respected then all you keyboard commandos can kiss my rebal ass and go **** yourselves.
"A MAN GOTTA STAND FOR SOMETHING OR HE WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING"
BR-69

first name: Keith
last_name: Cargill
From-To Years at BR: 1969
Home: Jim Hill,Maynard,Rafter-R

Postby Tiny » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:33 am

BR-69 wrote:If that can not be respected then all you keyboard commandos can kiss my rebal ass and go **** yourselves.

That seems fair enough what you said here. But what I am confused about is if you two can't get beyond he said this and that then what is the purpose of being here?
I don't believe I read anything of Robert pointing you out in particle other than that picture, seemed harmless but I don't know the history here between you two.
Now since you suggested I kiss your rebel ass I have something to tell you! How about finding forgiveness or some sort of peace between yous because we aren't at BR anymore and us guys communicate as a way of moving through our past for a better self. If BR made you a hard/course individual then you have a choice to stay or find a place to leave it behind.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Robert King » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 am

I NEVER accused you of doing anything you did NOT do. I have vivid memories of what had happened at the ranch. I never wanted to converse with you and be buddy buddy. I as well don't care about you. So, with that being told, lets agree to move on. I WILL say this in closing, ever since the first of this post, you have done nothing but lie about you being there when you were. That you left in '75 and we were not there together. I provided pictures that proved you wrong....so if YOU can not remember these pictures, you obviously can't remember other things we had talked about and that is why you think I have accused you of something you didn't do. Sure thing, blame the ranch for being who you are......ok, you are a mean SOB and the ranch made you that....obviously you have no integrity and I don't think you learned that at the ranch.
Robert King

Postby Robert King » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:25 am

And because I can not email out answers to questions that I get, because they have a full box, I will do it here.

You said:

mouth - DO NOT TALK TO ME OR ABOUT ME....YOU GOT IT!!!!

I said:

If my childhood memories include you, which unfortunately some do, I will talk about you. I in no way put you in a bad light so get over yourself & move on.
Robert King

Postby MikeBateman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Ed only thing about u thats hard is ur brain u couldnt hurt a fly u old coffin dodger ur fraile ole body aint what it use to be so how about u close ur mouth and seek some help for ur issues mate ...
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

Postby sabor » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 pm

What I know about Eddie "Flaco" Cargil. I have met this young man, and from my personal observation, He strikes me as a man who owns up to his actions past and present, good or bad. He does not strike me as a man who denies anything he has ever done.

I do not know where this BS came from or why. Nor do I really care. I do care about this site that Jerry has put together for us to come together and walk down memory lane. Maybe look up old friends.

As far Flaco, I like him and enjoy his company. And there is nothing wrong with being a biker. i rode with The Banditos and the Devils Disciples out of San Antonio. and enjoyed every crazy minute of it.

Eddie "Flaco" Cargil is welcome at my place any time. And just for the heck of it, ask your self if you are perfect. If you were perfect you would never have been at Boys Ranch. Think about it when you go "Baiting" folks.

Y'all take care, and remember where you are at.

Norman.
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby sabor » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:51 pm

Y'all take care, and remember where you are at. On Jerry's site.
Norman.
sabor

Postby Jeff Mitchell » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:25 am

I'm going to let this subject forum stand, I will make changes as I deem necessary and delete anything that I feel is not right.
As Sabor, Leo and Jerry will tell you, I'm old school.

RESPECT other peoples right to privacy period.

Robert King
Mike Bateman
1streetrod4u
You 3 need to go back to "WELCOME ABOARD! START HERE. By JERRY NICHOLSON and reread the rules if you want to remain on this forum.

Jeff Mitchell
Jeff Mitchell

first name: Jeff
last_name: Mitchell
From-To Years at BR: 1958-1965
Home: Western Ave & Jim Hill Hall

Postby sabor » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:31 am

Thanks Jeff for setting us all stright. As you can see, we sometimes get out of line and need a little nudge to get right. I am sorry Jeffand Jerry for loosing it..

Y'all take care.
Norman
sabor

Postby MikeBateman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 pm

jeff SO DOES THIS MEAN I SHOULD CRY AND HAVE A FIT CUZZ U JUST POSTED MY NAME IN THE ROOM
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

PreviousNext

Return to Looking for People