Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Picture from 1976.....Cargill....Christopher...

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Picture from 1976.....Cargill....Christopher...

Postby Robert King » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:09 pm

At one point in time when I talked to Cargill he said I must have been smoking something really good because we weren't at the ranch together......and brother, it is so good that it created this picture....lol

Hope you you see this....though it's a little blurry, but it holds memories...

Lets see, left to right was:

Willie Brown, Charles Carmona, Eddie Cargill, Jay Christopher with daughter Marcy, Robert King, Lester Goins, and Mark Wolf. My parents took this in Dec of 1976.

Where is the picture forum that if I scan other ranch photos, I can put them?
Attachments
Amarillo 1976.jpg
At Pancake House in Amarillo, Dec 1976.
Robert King

first name: Robert
last_name: King

Re: Picture from 1976.....Cargill....Christopher...

Postby sabor » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:41 pm

There is a block at the bottom of the site Called "Boys Ranch Photos"
I would love to see them.
I like looking at Ranch Pitchers. Pit cures show the growth of the place.

My name is Norman Martin I was known as "Sabor" back then. spme still call me that. I was there before your time, I left in 1960.

Glad to see you posting.

Y'all take care
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby Robert King » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:24 am

This one is a little more clearer, minus Willie Brown and adding Suzy Christopher.
Attachments
Amarillo 1976 - 2.jpg
Robert King

Postby Tiny » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 am

Nice coat Robert!
I know you kind of fell off the radar for a while and I hope you and the family are doing well.
Welcome back man :D
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Robert King » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:25 am

It was nice and warm.....my Christmas Issue.....can't beat free clothes.....lol

Yeah, my life went through some roller coaster highs & lows.....but glad to see an active board.

Thanks Dirk. Hope all is well with you & yours too....
Robert King

Postby BR-69 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:14 am

Dude that is not me.For one thing I was in Freidberg,Germany in Dec of 76.Do I need to show my DD214 FILE AS PROOF? I also have dark brown hair{altho it is gray now} and am 6 ft.2 in. tall and have been since I was 15 years old.The only time we were at the ranch together was when I was employed at the bunkhouse from Feb.to May,1979.I have also warned you in the past about running your mouth about me and posting my real name on the net.If I want it there I will post it. Edit your post and remove my name and show some respect or I will come pay you a visit.
"A MAN GOTTA STAND FOR SOMETHING OR HE WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING"
BR-69

first name: Keith
last_name: Cargill
From-To Years at BR: 1969
Home: Jim Hill,Maynard,Rafter-R

Postby Robert King » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Dude, when you post a post YOU have your name on it as well.....

BR-69

first name: Ed
last_name: Cargill

Have a good life....DUDE!
Robert King

Postby sabor » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

BR-69 Give me a call. 575-347-5072' or 575-626-6552
Take care
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby MikeBateman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 pm

br 69 calm down dude wuts the big deal **** have a cow who u hiding from u dont want ur name on the net wut all ur ex boyfriends lookin 4 u or somthin
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

first name: Mike
last_name: Bateman

Postby MikeBateman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:51 pm

so settle down and have some fun ED Cargil
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

first name: Mike
last_name: Bateman

Postby Robert King » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:31 am

You know eddie, when I was at the ranch...tho you deny being there, I lived with a Cargill in rafter r. The same asshole that hung Michael Campbell and beat the crap out of him and everyone else all the time. I feared that guy....and years ago when I touched basis with him/you and you told me about your trikes and that you were a bigger and badder ass dude.....glad you amounted to so much in life.

If you are not the same dude, move on....if you want to pay me a visit, my door is ALWAYS open to a fellow brother.....you may not like what you find, but it's always open. I live in fear of no man, and you can no longer bully your way through life and anyone you think you can.

Peace out!
Robert King

Postby LeoWells » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 am

You know, Rob, that I knew you and Eddie both from stints working as Staff. Eddie was quite prominent when I worked laundry during summer and holidays while I was at Texas Tech. The Smiths were attached to Maynard in those days and I heard about every guy there from Frau Smith. The second BMA trip to Louisiana in 1972 had Christopher as DP and driver. Wild trip to say the least! During the 1979-80 skool year, I was a special ed counselor and BR was on my route. I sat at Rafter R tables where you, Frank Morgan, Kevin Shyn were.

Coming back as a "biker" was a common attitude in my day. NOBODY ever showed up at Rodeo like that, although some long hair was present.

I understand the idea that some "deny" being at BR. We have a few here that profess that they have legally done so. Helen Beckman Matzner whose daddy was the business manager before Schroeder tells me that she has fun telling folks on a resume that she graduated from BRHS. We get all sorts of attitudes.

Go to YouTube and search for a video "The Ranch Where I Was Raised."
LeoWells

Postby 1streetrod4u » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:54 am

Robert,
Man, this guy must have one hell of a record to where he doesn't want his name posted! LOL!
He must have cheated his way through School, cause his name is all over this forum. Every post he makes, says his name.
You know, I'm now 6"2", and weigh 285. My ranch days are over too, and I wouldn't take no crap off this dude. Two things would happen here:
One would go to the hospital, and the other one would go to Jail. I've been to both, so i don't give a damn!
If this guy insists on being the douche bag he is presenting himself to be, then let him talk crap!
He can test the water all he wants, but if he tries to walk across it like Jesus, he will sink, i assure you!
People like this are a menace to society, and damn sure don't need to be on here where people are trying to have a good time, and talk about
our memories of BR, and how our lives are today!
Maybe this guy smoked paint chips when he was out there, and it fried his brain.
You know, I remember there being 2 Eddie's out there if I'm not mistaking, and even if by chance you have the wrong one, which
I don't think you do, then why don't he be a man and simply explain to you that you have the wrong one and why.
If he was a man, he would stop talking crap, and simply set the record straight either way, and get his panties, yes, panties out of a knot!!
He can get glad in the same pants he got mad in!!
Grow up Mr. billy bad a**!!
You could have possibly bitten off more than you can chew!! Robert is not the same guy, just as none of us are!
Life has made changes to all of us, and I have been through hell and back in my life to get where I'm at.
Why are you so up tight any way?? If your life is not going well, then fix it and stop taking it out on people who don't give a damn!
Stop crying, and try to enjoy what we are all here for, old friends, and old times!
Life is too short for all of this crap, so grow up, or get off this forum and let the rest of us enjoy it like we have been so far!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!
1streetrod4u

first name: Ivan
last_name: VanHuss

Postby Robert King » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:09 am

Leo, I remember you. You were one of the easy going staff members. I know people having been hurt by the ranch and deny the ranch. Tommy Horodnycki is one of them as well. I just don't see why people get their knickers in a bunch so damn easily, but I guess we can assume.

Thanks for the youtube notice.....that was pretty cool. It's good to see that....

Thanks Leo.
Robert King

Postby Tiny » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:46 am

Just remember why we are here and let the rest of the crap runoff like duck feathers!
I still think about the movie Stripes and Sgt Hulka being the big toe of the unit and what he said to Francis: Lighten up Francis :lol: Life is too short to get all upset over yesterday
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Next

Return to Looking for People