Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Class of 1990

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Class of 1990

Postby BigDawg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Top of the Day to everyone, this is James McLearen I graduated from BR in 1990, and have since lived life to the fullest, thanks to Uncle Sam and the USMC I have travelled the world twice. Upon successful completion of my tour of duty I became a Deputy Sheriff, but missed the world so I began working in High Threat Protection around the globe, now I just instruct others to do the fun stuff. I am married (fixing to be 15 years) with four children two boys and two girls. Shout at me if you know me, or if you just wanna say Semper Fi
BigDawg

first name: James
last_name: McLearen
From-To Years at BR: 83-90
Home: Maynard/Craig

Re: Class of 1990

Postby Tiny » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Semper Fi,
Welcome and hopefully you'll continue to post.
I see that you were in maynard, and that means I should have known you. I know you had Dixon as a D/P. Do you remember the Smith brothers? Jimmy, Tommy and Chuck? They used to live in Veigel and got released and then came back again.
I was pretty good friends with Stacey Holder since we had classes together.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby BigDawg » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:45 am

Don't recall the smith brothers, but do recall Stacy Holder, he was quite a few years a head of me, not to mention he left, last I heard from him he was an Army Ranger, you may recall my brother Michael McLearen.
BigDawg

Postby Tiny » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 am

Do you have any pictures you could post?, memeory is terrible. I know you knew the Madson brothers and back then the twins and the yonger brother were in Maynard. Those guys got a lot of grief back then.....So when did your brother Michael gradutate?
Tiny

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Welcome James & Semper Fi!

It is good to have you here. I was in the Corps 1966-1970, & LAPD 1970-2005. Also did about 30 years in the Army Reserves & National Guard. Now I'm mostly an old guy who likes to talk.

Post when you can & tell us some of your BR experiences.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Postby BigDawg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 am

Yea I knew all the Madison boys, I'm at work now but will get some pics and post them when I get home this weekend. As far as my BR experiences go, it was Life changing to say the least, the best thing that could of happened for me was to be provided the oppertunity to be a Rancher. I ran Track/Cross-Country, played basketball, pitched and played short stop in softball, and rode bulls and broncs in the rodeo. My dorm parents were Mr. Dixon, (he passed quite a few years ago after being diagnosed with diabetes) Mr. Carpenter (have not heard from him--Stacy Holder may have) and Mr. Schmidt (his wife contacted me a couple of years ago and informed that he had passed) I have several great stories from my time at the ranch and could not begin to identify the best time. ie.. BMA camp in Ringgold La, FCA camp in Estes Park Ca, Camping at the the pond in BR, working and showing Lamb's in FFA, Rodeo, State Cross-Country Champ (three years--team two years--Individual) State Track Champ--mile and two mile. Receiving real discipline, working in the Zoo constantly hearing Coach "Lefty" Adams say "Fella's" as he moved the hair from his forehead, and of course taking his daughter Amy Adams to my Junior Prom. Wow the list could really go on and on and usually does when I tell folks about being at the ranch.
BigDawg

Postby BR-69 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:03 am

Welcome to the site Bigdawg.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY
"A MAN GOTTA STAND FOR SOMETHING OR HE WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING"
BR-69

first name: Keith
last_name: Cargill
From-To Years at BR: 1969
Home: Jim Hill,Maynard,Rafter-R

Postby Tiny » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:57 pm

BigDawg wrote:Yea I knew all the Madison boys, I'm at work now but will get some pics and post them when I get home this weekend. As far as my BR experiences go, it was Life changing to say the least, the best thing that could of happened for me was to be provided the oppertunity to be a Rancher. I ran Track/Cross-Country, played basketball, pitched and played short stop in softball, and rode bulls and broncs in the rodeo. My dorm parents were Mr. Dixon, (he passed quite a few years ago after being diagnosed with diabetes) Mr. Carpenter (have not heard from him--Stacy Holder may have) and Mr. Schmidt (his wife contacted me a couple of years ago and informed that he had passed) I have several great stories from my time at the ranch and could not begin to identify the best time. ie.. BMA camp in Ringgold La, FCA camp in Estes Park Ca, Camping at the the pond in BR, working and showing Lamb's in FFA, Rodeo, State Cross-Country Champ (three years--team two years--Individual) State Track Champ--mile and two mile. Receiving real discipline, working in the Zoo constantly hearing Coach "Lefty" Adams say "Fella's" as he moved the hair from his forehead, and of course taking his daughter Amy Adams to my Junior Prom. Wow the list could really go on and on and usually does when I tell folks about being at the ranch.

Good stuff man, yeah it was a life changing experience, I would saw one of the top life changing experiences I have had to endure so far. The Navy was nothing compared to BR, it just got me ready for the Navy.
Tiny

Postby leowells92 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 pm

The "Madisons" were actually the Mattesons.
leowells92

Postby Tiny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 am

leowells92 wrote:The "Madisons" were actually the Mattesons.

Thanks for the clarification there, I guess I used it as how I said it back then. :oops:
Tiny

Postby BigDawg » Thu May 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks to Facebook I have been in contact with several ex-ranchers, however I am still looking for Joseph (Jose) Guzman, anyone with his where abouts please have him contact me, it has been to many years.
BigDawg

Postby ChereeGilliam » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:31 am

BigDawg wrote:Thanks to Facebook I have been in contact with several ex-ranchers, however I am still looking for Joseph (Jose) Guzman, anyone with his where abouts please have him contact me, it has been to many years.

I have contact info on Jose Guzman. If you are interested, I will be more than happy to send him your info. Email me with your info and we'll go from there ... unless you've already gotten that info.

Cheree Gilliam
Editor, Alumni Newsletter
chereegilliam@calfarley.org
ChereeGilliam

first name: Cheree
last_name: Gilliam
From-To Years at BR: 91-present
Home: Town Office; CSC

Return to Looking for People