Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Steve Woodside, Chris Fox (sp?), Eddie Ransom or Mark Brewer

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Steve Woodside, Chris Fox (sp?), Eddie Ransom or Mark Brewer

Postby Ex-Rancher » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Were mostly MF guys. Any contact information or such, even outdated, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. Would also like to know if anyone's heard from Chris Witzgall.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. —Thomas A. Edison

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty. —Mother Teresa
Ex-Rancher

first name: Apple
last_name: Axe
From-To Years at BR: MCMLXX - MCMLXXX
Home: Boot Hill

Re: Steve Woodside, Chris Fox (sp?), Eddie Ransom or Mark Br

Postby Tiny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:36 am

Spiffy! That joker stole my bike as I had a Schwinn and so I was on restriction and he snagged it and my frame is dead on the bottom of little Morris!

You should look up Mike Crain as he may have more insight on those in MF.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Ex-Rancher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:10 am

Tiny wrote:Spiffy! That joker stole my bike ...

Hi Tiny,

Yeah, I remember Spiffy. Think his full name was Chris "Preston," though. Am fairly certain that one of his sisters dated Armando Lopez. Sorry about your bike. I knew Spiffy when he was still fairly new, though, as he didn't then seem the kind who would steal from others. Too bad he grew into thinking that kind of nonsense was okay. All of us had little enough to start with out there and bikes were only a little less better than having a dog of your own. I never understood those guys who thought it okay to steal from, or in any way abuse, others in the same boat as them.

Anyhow, think I have the correct spelling for the names of everyone in my subject line except for Fox. His surname sounded like I spelled it, but it might've been spelled differently. I know that Witzgall's is spelled right because he had a jersey with his name on it that he wore whenever he could get away with it (i.e., it wasn't a collared, button-up shirt ... man, those dress, and haircut, rules we had have certainly been thrown out the window at the Ranch today. And, good riddance for the most part. Nothing wrong with letting kids have some balance and a bit of say so over their own appearance. I probably wore nothing but a pair of black Converse Chuck Taylor high tops—even to church—for a solid year when I first left, just because I could). And, come to think of it, Fox had a favorite jersey, too, except his didn't have his name on it. It read "TRAMP." Never understood that, and he wouldn't ever say why. One other thing, Ransom's first name might've been Edward but he went by Eddie Ransom (of course, for the most part, we all called each other by our surnames when I was at the Ranch so I still tend to think of the guys I knew as such rather than by their first names).

Tiny, if you know how to contact the person you mentioned (his name isn't familiar to me), would you please forward him a link to this thread? If so, thanks.

Regards,
Ex
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. —Thomas A. Edison

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty. —Mother Teresa
Ex-Rancher

Postby Tiny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Check facebook is my best suggestion as I am not on FB. I know the alumni has some kind of account that might help. The other suggestion is contacting BR in Amarillo and they could reach out as they have some records of exes.
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:51 am

I was thinking of some names from MF and they are:

The Bandts, William Murtaugh, Steven Stone, Eddie Taylor, and Jake Eddie. I don't have my cruise books and so I can't go back and get that brain jog for memory. I actually can't remember the exact dates from 79-81 of who graduated from MF and not to mention those who may have been released.
Tiny

Postby Ex-Rancher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks, Tiny, sent you a PM.

Ex-Rancher

Postby Tiny » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:23 am

TY
Tiny

Return to Looking for People