Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Locate Coach Cornelius

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Postby MCrane » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:44 am

I remember Bill Baron I think.. Werent you in MF Dorm?
Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Postby Tiny » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:39 am

MCrane wrote:I remember Bill Baron I think.. Werent you in MF Dorm?

He was in Finch
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Re: Locate Coach Cornelius

Postby Ty Lightfoot » Sun May 13, 2007 7:49 am

bill baron wrote:Do anyone know the location of Coach Cornelius?

Bill,

I know that Coach Cornelius originally came from Hereford ,Texas. His bother ,Danny, is the city plumbing inspector in Canyon ,Texas. Last that I heard, he moved to the Dallas-Fort Worth area to be a teacher/coach. I sure would like to talk or see him again too.

Ty Lightfoot
Ty Lightfoot
tylightfoot@msn.com
1(806)679-5742
Ty Lightfoot

Postby williet13 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:57 pm

wrong thread, lol
williet13

Postby williet13 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:01 pm

I agree with the 318 Comment, I had a 72' Barracuda, with a 318 slammed in it, You couldn't kill those engines, and they had huge power!

When i finally tore mine down and took the heads into a shop, the guy asked me, "did you actually use these heads?!"

I replied, yes I did, and when I called him to see the next day how my heads where he said i had like No hardened valve seats left, all the springs were bent, along with the Push rods, I had 8 hairline cracks, and 1 major one.

I told him the only reason i ever brought em in was cause the engine had started to ping. He told he those were the original heads on the car, and this was in 1993. I know the car had over 180K miles on it, and i was too scared to bury the pedal, the speedometer stopped at 120 and i had it down to the second D on D O D G E, so what 140>?
williet13

Postby sabor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:57 am

The 318 was good but you can not beat the 440 Magnum for power and endurance. Put a duel quad set up and go. But back then gas was 39 cents a gallon. The old Chrysler Imperial had 160 on the speedometer. And don't ever forget the old Wedge headed Hymie's. Nor the 360's. To bad they don't build today's cars with staying power and longevity like they used to. Just try and get 180 K out of today's cars.
That is why I buy all my cars out of a junk yard. There are still a few left out there.
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby Tiny » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:10 am

all I have to say about Dodge power 440's is Elwood Blues..... :lol:
Yeah Mopars had something on the bottom end of those motors they put out in the 50s,60's and early 70's
Tiny

Postby sabor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:57 pm

And today, 440 with a GMC Chain Blower.( Actually Belt Drive) Humteeen HP. But most of the dragster have gone "Small Block" with short stroke. The bad thing about growing old, you get behind.

Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Baron

Postby JVizcaino » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:46 pm

I spoke with Coach Cornelis on a three way call with Chris Riehle and the coach in 1995. Of course his boy and girl are grown, I think he is still married to Ms. Cornelius. I think they live in OK. I remember the story(told to me from an eyewitness) of how Coach came to roust you from your slumber the morning before you were to take off for the state wrestling meet. Hell it weren't your fault. I wont post why except to say that was a crazy situation Bill. Kerry Mills was on our team the year after (1984), and he got 5th at state. I hate to say it BIll, but I think you woulda won it all. Speaking of winning, I won a singlet in the silent auction at the reunion this past September. My boy is only five and he is getting ready to start his second year of wrestling. Remember John-Keith coming to practice with us? How good did he get when he was in high school? My little brother graduated from finch in 1993. I think I posted a picture of him. Take care..

Jess Vizcaino - San Diego California

Whatever happened to those crazy brothers from Dalhart? Chris and John McClain - ugliest-friendliest-strongest kids at Boys Ranch. No one could ever forget them.
JVizcaino

first name: .
last_name: .
From-To Years at BR: 22-23
Home: Booger Bear

Re: Baron

Postby Tiny » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:51 am

JVizcaino wrote:Whatever happened to those crazy brothers from Dalhart? Chris and John McClain - ugliest-friendliest-strongest kids at Boys Ranch. No one could ever forget them.

I remember they called Chris; Fred Flintstone and he'd get pretty uptight. I liked Chris a lot and I think we had some classes together. I wonder were a lot of folk up and went too from time to time.....
Tiny

Postby Maynard » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:31 am

Mr. John Cornelius is still at Wellman-Union High School, south of Lubbock. I hear from reliable sources that he is considering retirement at the conclusion of this year.
Tom Maynard
Jim Hill 1975-82
Maynard

Previous

Return to Looking for People