Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Locate Coach Cornelius

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Locate Coach Cornelius

Postby bill baron » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:17 pm

Do anyone know the location of Coach Cornelius?
Look forward to hear from classmates and attend more functions associated with BR
bill baron

first name: Bill
last_name: Baron

Postby sabor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Question for bill baron'
Was the "Coach Cornelius" a boy at Boys Ranch at one time? If so, what was his first name?

There was about 3 or 4 Cornelius kids out there when I was there from 1956-1960. one was oder than me (I'm guessing) about 15 and he had (I think) 3 younger brothers. Could it be posible that "Coach Cornelius" is one of these guys?

Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Coach Cornelius

Postby bill baron » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:48 am

He was the wrestling coach during the 80's along with Coach Sparks and Harmoney
Look forward to hear from classmates and attend more functions associated with BR
bill baron

Postby Tiny » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:06 am

Bill,
Coach Harmony worked in Arlington, Tx. One of your old Finch buds keeps in touch with him. About John, I have no clue. BTW did you have a 73-74 LTD w/ a 460 in it after BR? With a Bigfoot pedal? :lol:
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby bill baron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:38 am

It was a 73 bannana yellow LTD w/holley carb. I lived in Hereford and worked @ IBP in Amarillo. I was never late for work!!! It was the ugliest car Ive ever owned but God it was fast. I owned it after I grad. and I think there was only 1 car faster in the panhandle, a boy in Dalhart had a 78-79 Trans-Am. I cant remember the strip everyone went to there in town, but that boy and I were suppose to race but the police chased us away. Good thing, how stupid I was when I was younger. No common sense.
bill baron

Postby Tiny » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:57 am

bill baron wrote:It was a 73 bannana yellow LTD w/holley carb. I lived in Hereford and worked @ IBP in Amarillo. I was never late for work!!! It was the ugliest car Ive ever owned but God it was fast. I owned it after I grad. and I think there was only 1 car faster in the panhandle, a boy in Dalhart had a 78-79 Trans-Am. I cant remember the strip everyone went to there in town, but that boy and I were suppose to race but the police chased us away. Good thing, how stupid I was when I was younger. No common sense.

That is right, I had forgotten the color, I just remember you brought it in to the garage and Mr. Mcneill looked at it. The hood was up, of course I was in awe because it was a V-8 and I didn't have a car, But indeed you've got that right about how common we are while we're young.
Tiny

Postby bill baron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:05 am

Ok I give. Who is "TINY"? Some of the people put nicknames for user name.
bill baron

Postby Tiny » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:31 am

bill baron wrote:Ok I give. Who is "TINY"? Some of the people put nicknames for user name.

Check your email :lol:
Tiny

Postby sabor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:40 am

Drag Racing The young American mail's pass time. If you have never drag raced a car, win or lose, you have never had an adrinelin rush.

Bill, you said you ran in and around Hereford. As I remember there were track at Amarillo and Abernathy. I ran B-gas Modified . High elevens and low twelves. Paid lots of tickets too.

I was born and raised in Hereford wntill I went to boys ranch. after I left the ranch I went back there and stayed about 7-8 months. Left and aint been back sence except to see folks for a day or two. No one living there anymore. That was in 1961

Listoning to you young guys talk, rings bells.
Thanks.
Norman
sabor

Postby bill baron » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:20 am

I only lived in Hereford for a few months. A friend of mine at the time had someone kin to him who owned the old Army barracks from WWII, and I rented one of the rooms, on one side for $30 a month. He lived on the otherside. Polk St. is the drag we used to cruise in Amarillo. All the kids used to laugh when my "yellow bomb" pulled up in line. They didnt laugh long, after I showed them. Henry Ford would have been proud.
bill baron

Postby sabor » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:12 am

"Built Ford Tuff" Best ford engine ever built 428 duel overhead cams with 2 four barrols, progressive.

460cui big block work horse. the best 460 came out in the big Lincolon in 68-72

easiest to overhaul 350 Chevy. Best chevy engine 427 4 bolt main.

Best big block enging; 440 Dodge Magnum. 69 Dodge Charger
toughest big block, 425 HP, 454 GMC 1976 Heavy Half Ton

Meanest engine ever build (regardless money) 12 cylender Lambragini Deoblo(sp)

Coolest ride I ever saw. (In Magazine). 1967 corvair with a 12 cylender Jaguiar engine. Cost to build $35,000

I have a thing for old cars. Not smart enough to work on the new ones.

Don't forget the 1972, 472ci Caddy, Running son of a gun.

Norman
sabor

Postby Tiny » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:46 am

Norman,
One engine you didn't mention from Mopar was the 225 slant six, most of us guys tried to burn up and couldn't! Almost any engine built from like 69-72 before the EPA toned them down were pretty good. For down in the bottom torque and power.
If I could have a one car wish if would have to be a 69 Z-28 COPO 427ci. And if I had it in the best condition, I'm thinking it would be worth 150-200K! That is why I call it my one car wish, because some one would buy it.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

Postby bill baron » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:19 am

ok ok ok wow ya'll are going way past my knowledge. that ford was the only hot rod i owned. but, i have to disagree with one thing. the best engine built was dodges 318, those ranchers had the ugliest, worn-out rusted ram pickups, from the late 60's to the 70's the body looked bad but that 318 was like the energize bunny. we have a new Z71 now and im real pleased with it. ive owned a 99 ram pu, it was fast but it was a gas hog.
bill baron

Cars

Postby Lan Bostwick 1958-61 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:28 am

One car you left out which I owned and wish I still did was
a 1959 Chrysler 300 with 413cu in and 2 fours. Could pass
anything except a gas station.

As for something that will run forever, that would be the old
Dodge Power Wagons that we have at the ranch.

I also have a 1966 Dodge Dart that will run again shortly.
Lan Bostwick 1958-61
Lan Bostwick 1958-61

first name: Lan
last_name: Bostwick
From-To Years at BR: 1/6/1958-8/25/1961
Home: Boot Hill, Maynard

Postby Tom Weissinger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:01 pm

I own a 1963 Chevy ll Nova. Original SS. Came with a six cylinder, but will have a rebuilt 327 when it hits the road. Probably somewhere around 350to 400 HP. (that's a guess with what I have put in it.)

Norman, that 472 Caddy engine, I have one, looking for someone to take it over though, nothing to put it in that I want to mess with. With tranny, too.

Used to have a Plymouth Scamp. Had that slant six and would really get it out of the blocks. Tough motor, that one.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Next

Return to Looking for People