Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Where abouts

Post & Read here to find lost brothers, sisters, and staff.

Where abouts

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:48 pm

Retrieved from archives

Norman Martin
PostPosted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:16 pm
Hey folks does any one out there know the where abouts of;
Tommy Knowkes (Beak)
Jerry Lambright (Scratchy)
Duane Temple
Larry McKenzie
Joe Hewlett
Marvin George
Ronnie Mooney is in Canyon Texas
One of the Eisenman lives here in Roswell. I'm thinking Bobby Worksfor the New Mexico Rehabilitation Center
Toby Tucker is out in California Retired School teacher
Johnny Gee is driving a truck out in California

I am still looking for others

Norman

Flaco
PostPosted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:36 am
Ronnie Mooney,Man I sure remember him.He worked out at the ranch when I was there.I learned more about carpentry from him than I ever learned from the VICA teacher Mr. Cline.

Willis_72
PostPosted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:02 am
I remember many of the names ya'll are talking about. When I left the ranch I never saw anyone again. I visited the ranch once since I graduated. The first news I had of anybody was when this forum went up and I discovered a few people I knew had died. The newsletter found me a couple of times over the years.

Norman Martin
PostPosted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:23 pm
Flaco, Ronnie is a house builder in Canyon. Has his on business. Doing right good for himself.
Norman

PostPosted: Monday, February 06, 2006 3:53 am
What i never understood is why Ronnie didn't get his home building business started earlier on. He was really good with carpetry

Norman Martin
PostPosted: Monday, February 06, 2006 10:23 pm
The way I understand it, He worked at the Ranch for a while. Not real sure though.

Norman

Norman Martin
PostPosted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:30 pm P
Do any of you guys remember Bill or Tom Huckens. Toby Tucker even Buddy Sparks. I have written Buddy but he has never answered. Just thought I would ask.

Norman (Sabor) Martin

Willis_72
PostPosted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:16 pm
I remember Buddy - Haven't seen or heard of him since

LeoWells
PostPosted: Monday, February 13, 2006 6:38 am P
Norman:
Tom Huckins was involved with the Pizza Hut organization in the late 60s and well into the 70s. My first job in summer 69 was making pizza dough at Tom's Hut in Lubbock, TX.

Tiny
PostPosted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:07 am
Mooney must have worked at the ranch for 20 plus years, I worked for Bo Vandergriff and he and Gerald Link were always together. Kind of a funny relationship those 2 had over the years. I would have liked to have had either there powerwagon or that 59 Apache truck, that old truck kicked over everytime effortlessly.

pmoses
PostPosted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:10 pm
Norman,
While you are looking for people see what you can find about Frank or Jimmy Dodd. Frank was my best friendd at BR, took him home with me for Christmas at least once and I think twice (memory fading). Anyway, he left BR either late '59 or early '60 and joined the Army. He used to take care of the lottle guys at Court House. Jimmy, his younger brother, had a lame leg from an accident and probably left the ranch about '62-'63.
I ran into Buddy Sparks several years ago when I visited the ranch. He was a staff member I believe and has since retired.

Norman Martin
PostPosted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:03 am
Hi Paul
I have been looking for Frank and Jimmy but so far o luck. Would you by chance remember where he was at the last time you heard from them. That would help.

Norman

PostPosted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:24 pm
I received a letter from Frank while he was still in the army. Frank said he had met a lady in Missisippi and I believe he said they were going to get married. He was stationed with some army unit in that state. He was in the signal corps as a photographer. I have lost the letter and can't remember more about it. Shortly after that I went to Viet-Nam.

pmoses
PostPosted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:38 pm
I don't know why my post listed me as guest. My user name is PMoses.

Norman Martin
PostPosted: Friday, February 24, 2006 12:48 am
Paul
I have been looking around Texas. I will shift my looking to Mississippi and let you know what I find either way.
Take care
Norman

PS Do you remember Bill Abbot. He graduated with us. I hear he is pretty sick. Might want to say a prayer for him

Norman
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Return to Looking for People