Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Wayne Rohrs BR Chaplain

To Memorialize Our Family. Post here to report the passing of anyone in our family and memories of their life.

Wayne Rohrs BR Chaplain

Postby 54-61 Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Mr. Rohrs passed away April 9th and services were held for him on April 13th in Bolivar, Mo. While it is very sad to lose him, it was quite an occasion for celebration, knowing where his "new ranch" is located. The multiple stages of his life were represented by a good turn out of those he has helped and blessed. Mona, Becky, Alvin, and Randy are steadfast and strong, rejoicing in Mr. Rohrs' new home and abundant life. I personally know of no other man who worked at Cal Farley's Boys Ranch who is more responsible for the "Christian revival and growth" than he. Many of us can now claim the hope that we have in Jesus because of Mr. Rohrs' sacrifice and work on our behalf. Until we meet again .... let the Peace of God rule our hearts.
54-61 Guest

first name: Danny
last_name: Fletcher
From-To Years at BR: 54-61 Guest
Home: Unit/Ailes/Seaton

Wayne Rohrs BR Chaplain

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 am

RIP MR Rohrs. Thank you for introducing me to Jesus Christ. Thank you for being a role model when I was a youngster.

Post comments here:
http://www.ozarksremembers.com/obituary-guestbook.php?ObitID=1552

Wayne Allen Rohrs.jpeg
Wayne Allen Rohrs

Wayne Allen Rohrs of Harrisonville, Missouri (formerly of Bolivar) passed on to heaven on April 9, 2013 at the age of 84. He was born to Alvin Fredrick Rohrs and Inez Harvey Rohrs (Brown) in Cheyenne, Wyoming, February 26, 1929. He was preceded in death by his son Alden Wayne Rohrs and his parents Alvin Fredrick Rohrs and Inez Brown.

Wayne graduated from Banner County High School in Nebraska and received his Bachelor's Degree from Dallas Bible College. At the age of 19 he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and devoted his life to the service of God's Kingdom. He spent most of his career raising boys in need at Cal Farley's Boys Ranch, in Texas, Yellowstone Boys Ranch in Montana , The Good Samaritan Boys Ranch and Clay County group homes in Missouri. During his career he helped change the lives of and share the gospel with over 1,500 Boys. He ended his career as the Director of Transportation for the Liberty, Missouri Public Schools where he was often recognized as the number one fan of all the athletic and academic teams he drove the bus for and loudly cheered on. He retired to Bolivar, Missouri and later Harrisonville, Missouri, where he was able to thoroughly enjoy his grandchildren and great grandchildren. Wayne served as pastor of the Humansville Bible Church for ten years while he lived in Bolivar.

He is survived by his devoted wife of 61 years, E. Mona Rohrs, of Harrisonville; daughter Rebecca Rohrs of Ellenton, Florida; sons Alvin Wayne Rohrs and wife Elizabeth of Bolivar and Allen Randall (Randy) Rohrs and wife Sue of Harrisonville; grandchildren Jeffrey Ladd, Genea Stoffer, Benjamin Wayne Rohrs, and Jaclyn Rohrs; great grandchildren Joshua Ladd, Sarah Ladd, Gene Wayne Stoffer and Mason Stoffer; brother Gary Rohrs of Amarillo, Texas, sister Devota Van Pelt of North Platte, Nebraska; two nieces and one nephew.

Funeral service for Wayne A. Rohrs will be Saturday, April 13, 2013 in Pitts Chapel Funeral Home, at 3:00 PM. Visitation will be held one hour prior to service in the Chapel. Burial will follow in Brighton Cemetery, Brighton, Missouri. Memorial gifts may be made to Enactus, 1959 E. Kerr, Springfield, Missouri, 65803 or http://www.enactus.org
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Re: Wayne Rohrs BR Chaplain

Postby Tom Weissinger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Danny,

You have spoken very well about Mr. Rohrs. Hi is responsible for me accepting Jesus. He bought some new bibles to sell at the country store. I had to promise to read my bible every day and that caused me to begin to feel incomplete. I went to Mr. Rohrs and he lead me to Jesus. I will miss him as I have since we both left the ranch. I do rejoice though, He is with our wonderful saviour and there is nothing that can compare.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Postby 54-61 Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm

It was good to see your post regarding Mr. Rohrs. At the funeral, we had several of the kids from Good Samaritan Boys Ranch but none from Cal Farleys. I know it has been quite some time since he was there and I know there are many boys who have liked to have attended had they known about it. We need to get together sometime .... you apparently live in Royce City and I am in Rowlett .... not far away. In the Lord's "Amazing Grace", Danny
54-61 Guest

first name: Danny
last_name: Fletcher
From-To Years at BR: 54-61 Guest
Home: Unit/Ailes/Seaton

Postby Tom Weissinger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Danny,

I have moved from Royse City and now live on my 20 acres at Lake O the Pines. A little over 100 miles east. I simply have not updated facebook since I retired and moved. I plan to attend the Dallas gathering in Feb. Part of why I haven't updated is because I have been hospitalized five times since May. That and just recently having gotten internet service again.

I had wanted to attend the funeral, but I just did not have the means to do so. Were you aware that I had worked at Good Samaritan with him in '72 after you had left there?
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Return to In Memory of Those Who Have Passed