Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Norris(Ray) (Buzz)Busby 9-17-1935/6-5-2006

To Memorialize Our Family. Post here to report the passing of anyone in our family and memories of their life.

Norris(Ray) (Buzz)Busby 9-17-1935/6-5-2006

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:27 am

I received this info from Lan Bostwick this morning. I didn't know Ray, but I am saddened to hear of the death of any of our family. RIP Ray.

Anyone is welcome to post memories here.

Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Postby LeoWells » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:03 pm

Jerry:

You left BR in January 65, I believe. Ray and family showed up that summer.
LeoWells

Postby Tom Weissinger » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:37 pm

I very clearly knew of Ray even thoug;h I am not sure that I ever met him personally. My brother was at the ranch during the time Ray was a boy there and he and my sisters knew Ray. I also remember hearing of him working at the ranch after I left. I am not sure, but he may have still been working there when my son was at the ranch.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Postby Willis_72 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:34 am

I spent many a Saturday afternoon working with him when I was on restriction. My condolences to his family.
Willis_72

Postby sabor » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:29 pm

I knew Ray before he went to Boys Ranch. He used to run with my older brother. His family was from Hereford, Texas. I ran with his younger brotheres until I was sent to Boys Ranch. We all lived in the North end of town, out in the country, back then. Rays folks owned a resraunt in Hereford.
I lost contact with them after I went to the ranch, but I ran in to Harold, Ray's younger brother in Denver in about 1962.
So you see I have not only lost a brother but an old friend.
He hated the name Norris. I saw bim whop a kid for calling hin Norris after he told the guy not to call him that.
Yes, Ray Busby will be missed.
Good By Ray and God's Speed
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby Tiny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:59 am

Tom Weissinger wrote:I very clearly knew of Ray even thoug;h I am not sure that I ever met him personally. My brother was at the ranch during the time Ray was a boy there and he and my sisters knew Ray. I also remember hearing of him working at the ranch after I left. I am not sure, but he may have still been working there when my son was at the ranch.

I can't say I remember this man, although his name rings in my head as somebody I either knew or heard of while at the ranch. If he was there during my time he must have had a very obsecure job off the beaten path? Well my memeory isn't like it used to be, but may he rest in peace and may God put his hand upon his family in this time.
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Ronnie Hill » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:09 pm

I knew Buzz he was in Macormick the same time as me
he was always a nice guy and always trying to help the younger boys.
I am sure that he will be missed by all that knew him.
go with God Buzz
Ronnie Hill

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:42 am

Retrieved from archives

Ray Busby Dies

LeoWells
PostPosted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:00 pm Post subject: Ray Busby Dies Reply with quote
Ray Busby, both boy and staff at Boys Ranch, has just passed away.

The URL for the obit is: http://www.amarillo.com/stories/060706/obi_obits4.shtml

I knew him, his wife, all 3 of his kids I knew very well. I spent the summer of 1972 on the bunkhouse side of old Aills on the Magenta property, with the Busbys on the other side.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Sorry to see you go

Postby bandh2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm

I worked on the barn crew been an ex boys rancher I found him to be nicer then a lot of staff members. Don't get me wrong he would bust your butt if need but would try to get you to just do the right thing. I know I will miss him. Best wishes to his family.
Senior class of 1968(snouzer)
bandh2000

Re: Norris(Ray) (Buzz)Busby 9-17-1935/6-5-2006

Postby EAngle » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Wow. Ray was great man. I worked for him a couple of times, and really liked him.
EAngle

first name: Eldon
last_name: Angle
From-To Years at BR: 1973-1980
Home: Fischer

Postby Ex-Rancher » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Recall plenty of mornings freezing my rear off at o-dark-thirty moving irrigation in the alfalfa fields, or Rock Pasture, on Mr. Busby's crew. I had to put in my time on Mr. Busby's crew so as to earn a spot on Mr. Sharp's crew, and I'm glad I did. Mr. Busby was one of the handful of staff during my time at BR that I actually respected. Still remember to this day the joke he liked to make at breakfast about how he liked his coffee. :mrgreen:

Belated condolences and best wishes to the Busby family. I hope they're all doing well.
Ex-Rancher

first name: Apple
last_name: Axe
From-To Years at BR: MCMLXX - MCMLXXX
Home: Boot Hill

Postby Willis_72 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:30 am

I spent many days working with Ray Busby, mostly on saturdays while on restriction. I'm sorry to hear he is gone and wish to pass on my condolences to his family. He was one of the good guys.
Chapter Farmer - FFA, Willis Dorm -69-72
Willis_72

Return to In Memory of Those Who Have Passed