Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

BMA ECHOES.....

Feel free to post your past or present pictures here.

BMA ECHOES.....

Postby Robert King » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Do you guys remember these? I was working at the VA Hospital in Sacramento, CA in 1998/99 and one of the ladies in the kitchen knew the Sheriffs and knew all about the camp.....she said it had closed down......that broke my heart. I have most of my echoes and reading them and what the other camper said when they signed them....gives me that same sick to my stomach feeling when we drove away from there....like a homesick feeling......which when I graduated, everyone jumped in their cars and split.....but my folks wanted to stop at the Boys Center and have one last sundae before leaving.......I am glad they did.....I had the same feeling driving out the gate......homesick......I miss our times there.....
Attachments
BMA ECHOES.jpg
Robert King

first name: Robert
last_name: King

Re: BMA ECHOES.....

Postby LeoWells » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:00 pm

Camp is still there, but another organization runs it now.
LeoWells

Postby Robert King » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:34 pm

But is it still a bible camp? Is it associated with BMA?
Robert King

Postby MikeBateman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Oh i remember bma camp the treadaways from maynard went with us on ours that was the first time i ever got davine treadaway naked after months of tryin lol
MF dorm 80-84
MikeBateman

first name: Mike
last_name: Bateman

Postby LeoWells » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Since NA Woychuk embezzled money from the ministry and was fired by his board, way back in the late 80s, the ministry completely went under and dissolved. Woychuk had copyright to all the memory books and repurposed himself and the books into another ministry, using the traditional books. They sold off the properties they owned (LA, GA, MI & NY) and dissolved the leases on the rented locations (all the others).

I drove by the LA camp in 1991 on my way back from the east coast. Camp was all there, but a different name over the enterance.

Do a Google on Woychuk and you will find his various books still in print, along with the memory books, and a marketing strategy toward home schoolers.
LeoWells

Postby Tom Weissinger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:23 pm

I never knew about Woychuks problems, but have always had good memories of BMA camp. I always thought Woychuk was a really old guy and was sure he would not live until the 80's. (my viewpoint from the early 60's) It is always a very real wake up call to hear of any ministry big wig being busted for any sin that he may be caught in. And, as always, a reminder that we are all still men even though we follow Jesus. The temptations come throughout our lives and not one of is invulnerable no matter how our lives may be viewed by others.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Postby Robert King » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Tom Weissinger wrote: It is always a very real wake up call to hear of any ministry big wig being busted for any sin that he may be caught in. And, as always, a reminder that we are all still men even though we follow Jesus. The temptations come throughout our lives and not one of is invulnerable no matter how our lives may be viewed by others.

My mother was a BIG PTL follower and had give me their Bible that was broken down into like 7 little books. I regret getting rid of that years ago, but anyway, she poured a LOT of money int that ministry and though they screwed up, my mother was and still is being rewarded for her righteous actions.
Robert King

Postby Tiny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 am

MikeBateman wrote:Oh i remember bma camp the treadaways from maynard went with us on ours that was the first time i ever got davine treadaway naked after months of tryin lol

When the treadaways lived in our dorm the misses used to chew our Davine and the boy everynight, I mean literary going high order! I lived in room 6 behind there apartment and I would almost nightly yell into the vents telling them to STFU since it would always be well after lights out! After a few weeks it finally stopped.
Me and William Montana were going to run off and I took Treadaways keys to his van, but after a couple of days we got into trouble....I think William finked on me since he didn't get into trouble.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Robert King » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:32 am

I don't remember Davine, but I do recall the treadaways. Does anyone ever remember the Medlins? They had many little kids and we called them the Medligacks. We taught them to lean over and put their head on the ground & then kick their butts and make them do a flip. That was their hightlight, the loved that. No, we didn't kick a field goal with them....just enough to send the laughing their butts off. :lol:
Robert King

Postby Tiny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:52 am

Oh the stuff we guys would do for a laugh :lol:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Robert King » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 am

I remember my first BMA trip, Chaz showed me something he got from the store and said he got it at a 5 finger discount.....no clue what that meant so he tol me.....and I finked on him. Needless to say I wasn't his biggest friend after that.... :roll:
Robert King

Return to Boys Ranch Photos