Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Some other pics from a catalog...

Feel free to post your past or present pictures here.

Re: Some other pics from a catalog...

Postby TimBraz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Robert King wrote:Once upon a time......

Hey Robert, any idea on when the photo of the choir was taken, I think I see myself in the photo, but it would have had to been 73-76?
TimBraz

first name: Tim
last_name: Brazeal
From-To Years at BR: 72-76
Home: Jeffries

Postby triehljr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:09 pm

TimBraz wrote:
Robert King wrote:Once upon a time......

Hey Robert, any idea on when the photo of the choir was taken, I think I see myself in the photo, but it would have had to been 73-76?

If you are referring to the picture with "The importance of God" text, I believe that picture would have been mid 80s. The director looks like Joel Popenfoose and I don't think he was there until the 80s.

Thomas
Thomas Riehl
MF 84-88
Class of 89(left early)
triehljr

first name: Thomas
last_name: Riehl
From-To Years at BR: 84-88(Class of 89)
Home: MF Home

Postby Tiny » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 am

Thomas you are right. I looked at the mechanics section and I'm operating the loader, kenny Landers is using the sander and Bobby Allen is with Dean Thompson and the kid in the middle was in Fischer (Tom's son would know him). Wow that was back in the day!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby JVizcaino » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Robert King wrote:Obviously there are new and older pics here.....
JVizcaino

first name: .
last_name: .
From-To Years at BR: 22-23
Home: Booger Bear

Postby JVizcaino » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Had to be 1985. I see the red headed boy in the cab of that loader and in the other pic is Jess Vizcaino, John Ray, and Scott Prior in the bakery. Above that immediate pic is John Ray at the processing plant. Kenny Landers is indeed sanding that car and Tony Helleotes is cutting that wood on the radial arm saw (wearing the lettermens jacket). The choir is also 1985 with Flopenpuss as the director. Jason May is in front of that bush being instructed by the ag boss. And Bonnie Horner is with Brad Baden and that cornbread birthday cake they just decorated. Most of them pics are from the 1984-85 era.
JVizcaino

first name: .
last_name: .
From-To Years at BR: 22-23
Home: Booger Bear

Postby Tiny » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:07 am

Yeah that red headed kid in that loader, it was in 85. There used to be a picture of me and Jerome Mcdonald aka budda, he was instructing me on the orad grader. They had once had that picture at the town office on the wall of fame of us kids. Don't know if it even exists anymore.
good times.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Previous

Return to Boys Ranch Photos