Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

More Pictures, Please!

Feel free to post your past or present pictures here.

Postby Richard Amon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:37 pm

ChereeGilliam wrote:
Richard Amon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Leo,

The fire station was dedicatedin 63

Richard Amon

I know this is late, but I am just now getting to this point of all the messages...

There is a front page article on the Fire Station dedication & ceremonies in the July 1962 issue of the Roundup. "PANHANDLE FIREMEN PRESENT NEW FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT - Ranch Has Full Protection For The First Time" ...500 gallon pumper, 300 gallon booster and a beautiful Colorado stone fire station.

Cheree Gilliam
Editor, Alumni Newsletter
chereegilliam@calfarley.org

Ok I was a year off.

Sorry
Richard
Richard Amon

Postby Willis_72 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:42 am

Chapter Farmer - FFA, Willis Dorm -69-72
Willis_72

Postby Tom Weissinger » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:56 pm

Six months later and still, No Pics!

While we are at it, none of the ones from Danny Fletcher showed up when I clicked on them, neither did Dan Henry or Ricky Swann. May have been one or two others, I didn't jot down which ones, just noticed that many did not.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 am

It looks like I lost some of the photos the last time I updated the software. I am recovering them now.

Please, when you see a problem with the forum post the problem in the Bugs thread so I can fix it. Otherwise I don't know there is a problem unless I stumble upon it.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Postby Tom Weissinger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Jerry,

Sorry. I was just a wee bit late even getting down to this part of the forums and didn't even think of the bugs thread. Mostly, I was just wanting to see if any comments would stir up someone and get more pics added.

The part about not seeing some of the posted pics was just an afterthought. I'll try and remember the bugs post next time.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

Postby sabor » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:46 pm

Hey guys dig way down in the bottom of the shoe boxes in the back of the closet or raid "Mom's pictures and send us copies of how the Ranch looked when you were there.
I'm digging mine out now.
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby Tiny » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:27 am

I've got aboutr a 1/2 dozen I have of guys I knew when I was at the ranch I'll scan here shortly.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Howard-Berkshire » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:46 pm

how do i get to the 50 pictures
Howard-Berkshire

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:21 pm

Howard, On the main forum index page just scroll down to the Cal Farley's Boys Ranch The First 50 Years Photos. I have it set up for each page in the book. The book is out of print now & I was lucky to find a copy. I put it on the forum so we could all enjoy it.

When you log on you go to the index page first. If you are in another forum just click on Boys Ranch Texas Family Forum Index on the upper left right under the photo.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Postby sabor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:06 pm

how do i get to the 50 pictures

I am going to make a guess and say , The Blond headed kid just in front of Santa.

Norman
sabor

Postby Howard-Berkshire » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:06 pm

i was the kid on the right hand side with the flat face and big ears
Howard-Berkshire

Postby sabor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Well I screwed that one up.
Sorry. :? I guess I had better keep quiet.
:roll: :roll: Norman
sabor

Postby Tom Weissinger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:00 pm

Howard,

Hey, it's great to have you here. I don't think any others have thought about it, but you are at least 15-20 years our senior. That makes you the oldest one of the current members of this board. I am sure that you have stories that none of us have heard. For one thing, you guys had to ford the river to get to Amarillo.

Did you guys get to go home at Christmas like we remember doing while we were at the ranch? How about summer trips, did the early ranchers get to take summer trips? Every year we went on camp out, did you guys do the same thing? I can tell by some of the early pictures that many of you raised livestock just like some of us did, so we all share that from staying at the ranch. However, some of us were around that but never raised any livestock of our own. That was reserved for the boys in FFA. I know that the rodeo did not start from the very beginning, so were you still at the ranch when it started?

Again, welcome and feel free to share anything you want with us.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

Previous

Return to Boys Ranch Photos