Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Mike Crane

Feel free to post your past or present pictures here.

Mike Crane

Postby MCrane » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:47 am

Im the one on the right. The other guy is my half brother and his ugly :roll: custom chopper. I dont have any pictures of me from back in the day.

Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Postby Tiny » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:33 am

Nice bike. Funny you look the same as I remebered you just a few pounds.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby MCrane » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:47 am

yeah I would say I have put on a couple since I left.. I didnt think I change looks much myself :D
Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Postby Jeff Mitchell » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:25 am

Mike,

I'm sure that Cheree can probaly find a couple of pictures of you that were taken at the ranch when you were there.

Jeff
Jeff Mitchell

first name: Jeff
last_name: Mitchell
From-To Years at BR: 1958-1965
Home: Western Ave & Jim Hill Hall

Postby MCrane » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:16 pm

I just got a phone call and an Email from Elmonda Wallace who is Jimmy Dale Wallace's wife and she found this site and told me she had some pictures of me at the ranch. This picture I'm not sure who the person on the left is but the boy in the chair is Edward Ransom and he is holding Jimmy Dales daughter (Kiaana Wallace) and thats me on the right. Strangely enough, I dont remember any of the pictures I'm in and almost didn't recognize myself iin the other pictures she sent. I don't ever remember being that skinny.

Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Postby LeoWells » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Mike:

Can you find out how Elmonda's daddy is doing? Elmer Helfenbein was our alternate for a while at Jim Hill, and then dorm parent at Maynard, and later choir director
LeoWells

Postby MCrane » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Jim just registered on here as "jimelmonda_75" you can pm him directly and ask him.
Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Postby David Rattan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:07 pm

The kid on the left looks like Travis Price to me. There were several Price brothers at the Ranch at that time. David, Lloyd and Travis, I think. One had the nickname "Baccy Jaws" because, some apparently thought, he always looked like he had a chaw of tobacco in...
David Rattan
Cal Farley's Boys Ranch
Class of 1978
David Rattan

Postby bill baron » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:13 pm

Nice bike, I took out 1982 yearbook and showed my wife your pic. I remember Ransom, great runner. Loved to block for him. Make a hole in the line and that kid would run. Who else was in MF with you? I remember the "bullfighter" that was a Alternate Parent in MF.
Look forward to hear from classmates and attend more functions associated with BR
bill baron

first name: Bill
last_name: Baron

Postby Cheree Gilliam » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:20 am

I'm sure that Cheree can probably find a couple of pictures of you that were taken at the ranch when you were there.

October/November 1982 Roundup.

Cheree Gilliam
Editor, Alumni Newsletter
chereegilliam@calfarley.org
Cheree Gilliam

MF in the HOUSE

Postby JVizcaino » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Great PICS of Mike Crane and his brother in law on the sweet scooters. I got ol Mike out of a jam or two when we were kids and vice verse. That picture is indeed of Travis Price (with Edward Ransom and Mike Crane to the right). Travis was probably the shortest bugger ever to play varsity basketball for the ranch. He was a tough kid and even at 5'8" was a faster quicker athlete than any of us. Travis and I were friends. If he saw me in a ditch today he would patch me up and lend me his house. I know it. I never met a person who walked as tall as Travis. Crane, Jerry Nicholson and I missed you at the reunion this year. I rode in on a rented Road King and he had his Cadillac of bikes - the Platinum Gold Wing. We slept under the stars and carried our bedrolls on the bike - just like Hopper and Fonda. We got into a hellafied t-storm but us being the tough old Boys Ranchers we are -- just kind of laughed and rode harder. We logged just at 3000 miles. You feel alive when the roar of the pipes rattles your teeth and you can smell the coming of the rain. I turned 40 the day we left and let me tell you- I will never forget it. Take care and somebody throw me a line. Also, it was great to see my old best buddy Lee Kirgan - we hounded the ladies at all the speech tournaments throughout Texas.

Jess Vizcaino
JVizcaino

first name: .
last_name: .
From-To Years at BR: 22-23
Home: Booger Bear

Postby Tiny » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am

just like Hopper and Fonda

And you all had a much better ending than they did! I'm hoping you all weren't like those cats in wild hogs..... :roll: funny movie and I've seen a lot of those types running the roads.
Tiny

Postby sabor » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:25 pm

Tiny said;

I'm hoping you all weren't like those cats in wild hogs..... funny movie and I've seen a lot of those types running the roads.

If I had the "Wild Hogs" money I would buy a Motor Home and Cruse the Highways and Byways. with a coach full of good looking women.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :) :) :)

Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby Tiny » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:57 am

sabor wrote:Tiny said;

I'm hoping you all weren't like those cats in wild hogs..... funny movie and I've seen a lot of those types running the roads.

If I had the "Wild Hogs" money I would buy a Motor Home and Cruse the Highways and Byways. with a coach full of good looking women.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :) :) :)

Norman

Norman,
All those good looking women would just ruin you and pamper you and that ain't no good!!!!!
Although you'd be the envy of many I reckon 8)
Tiny

Re: MF in the HOUSE

Postby MCrane » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 am

JVizcaino wrote:Great PICS of Mike Crane and his brother in law on the sweet scooters. I got ol Mike out of a jam or two when we were kids and vice verse.

Jess Vizcaino

Thats actually my half brother from Houston. Been a while since I talked to you Jessie. Glad to hear from you again.

Its funny teh memory of me and you that sticks out the most in my mind was a fight you and I got into. You said something to me that made me mad and I figured I would just hit you and you would back off.. It didn't work.. I hit you and you came after me and the fight was on LOL

bill baron wrote:Who else was in MF with you? I remember the "bullfighter" that was a Alternate Parent in MF.

That was Mike Beauchamp. (pronounced Beechum) I still talk to him a few times a year. He was living int the panhandle I think last time I talked to him. he drives a truck. After I got out of the ranch I kinda started hanging out with Mike and Beverly while I lived in Amarillo. Mike took me to a few rodeos with him to help do some bull fighting.
Mike Crane
MF Dorm 78-83
MCrane

Next

Return to Boys Ranch Photos