Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Who? where?? and When???

Feel free to post your past or present pictures here.

Who? where?? and When???

Postby Danny Kent » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:09 am

I was going through some old Annuals today and found these pics so lets see who remembers :lol:

Danny Kent

Postby Tiny » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:53 am

I can't see them so I'll get back to ya once I get home.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby JVizcaino » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:38 am

In the basketball picture that's Edward Ransom #32 and possibly Bengie Adams right next to him. I also see the Landers's boy and a Stocksdale boy in there. The folks coming across the bridge were in Anderson. The little boy is Chris McDonald who was at the rodeo this year and although I knew the other two boys I cant remember names. They were both my age and in my classes. I think the one with dark hair was Tommy. Alan Dillingham was the dorm parent.
JVizcaino

first name: .
last_name: .
From-To Years at BR: 22-23
Home: Booger Bear

Postby LeoWells » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:13 am

The two pix of large groups of boys had to be from the mid-60s. Some of the boys I easily recognize, particularly Jeff Mitchell who left in fall 65. Also, they are building the main gym in the second pix, and the roads are not paved so well. That gym was opened by the time school started in 64. Also, the scene at the Gate shows no Boys Center, which opened in 66.

The is a color pix of the old Tascosa teacherage and school. Miss Melba Brown lived in the teacherage and the old school was used as the polls for voting.
LeoWells

Postby Tiny » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:20 am

Well I reconize Larry Macmillian and Chris Mcdonald and the other guy I can't remember off hand and they lived in Anderson. The picture of the building trades was back in my era because on the old truck. That internation was Wendal Brezina(sp) but my graphics couldn't detail who was who.
Tiny

Postby JVizcaino » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:04 am

The young man crossing the bridge with dark hair is Mathew Anderson who coincidentally lived in Anderson dorm.
JVizcaino

first name: .
last_name: .
From-To Years at BR: 22-23
Home: Booger Bear

Postby david260 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:47 pm

Not sure of the year but I see Carl and Bill Sarpaluis, Roy Dormire,Dusty Holder, and Ronnie Cochran. There are several that I remember but just can't think of their names. I'm trying to see if I recognize someone that came after me. The pic where everyone is walking down the road is before the pool was finished so I think it's probably 63. I'm trying to think what that dog's name was.

David Rodgers
62/70
david260

Postby Tiny » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:16 pm

JVizcaino wrote:The young man crossing the bridge with dark hair is Mathew Anderson who coincidentally lived in Anderson dorm.

Yes that is it!
Thanks
Tiny

Postby LeoWells » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:58 am

Pool was finished in 62. You can see the top of the roof. The Gym is much taller. What really dated these pix is that the roads are so poorly paved, compared to now.
LeoWells

Postby Tom Weissinger » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:40 pm

In the picture at the gate I recognize for sure, Bill Rhea and Pat Waples. I think I recognize Ricky Smith and myself. I knew everyone of these guys, but not having seen any pictures of them since I left the ranch, I'd have little chance putting names to the faces.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Postby Jeff Mitchell » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:45 pm

There are about a half a dozen faces that I can name in the photo at the main gate and several more that I remember the face, but not the name.
Faces that I think recognize are: Bobby & Bill Sarpalius, Bill Wohlgemuth, Charles Roth, Frank Boone and Kenneth Hinds.

Jeff
Jeff Mitchell

first name: Jeff
last_name: Mitchell
From-To Years at BR: 1958-1965
Home: Western Ave & Jim Hill Hall

Postby sabor » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 am

The second picture I think I see Marvin Hall, Toby Tucker and Earl Jordan, but I would not bet money on it.

The third picture; The notch between the hills going to Manerd and Seaton (where we would stop for a smoke)has been filled in with fresh fill. That had not been done in May of 1960

Take Care
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Re: Who? where?? and When???

Postby Robert King » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:16 pm

What happened to the pictures? I would love to see them...
Robert King

first name: Robert
last_name: King

Return to Boys Ranch Photos