Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Construction Trades

Read the rules before posting.

Construction Trades

Postby Danny Kent » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:12 pm

N&D Construction is a Family Owned and Operated Amarillo Texas based Construction Cmpany. We provide the service of New Home Construction, Additions, Remodels, Garages, Porches and Decks along with most home repair needs for the Home Owner. Over 30 years combined experience in the Trades.
N&D Construction
Amarillo, Texas
(806)322-0382 or (806)626-5993
danieldkent001@msn.com

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Came to the Ranch from Calif. in 1970 lived in Edwards and Bridwell Graduated in 1979
Danny Kent

Re: Construction Trades

Postby Tiny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:05 am

Danny,
Do you ever run across Ronnie Mooney? I heard after he left BR after years being a contractor support to Bo Vandergriff and others he got into the house building business. Jusr wondering?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby sabor » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm

I believe Ronnie is working out of Canyon, Texas. hat is where I talkedto him some time back.
Ronnie is one of the good guys.

Take Care
Norman
Boothill, McCormick & Western Ave. 1956-1960
sabor

Postby Danny Kent » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm

yes I think he is in Canyon haven't talked to him in a long time
Came to the Ranch from Calif. in 1970 lived in Edwards and Bridwell Graduated in 1979
Danny Kent

Postby Tiny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:33 am

Seems like forever since I was last up in that part of the country, reckon it was in 2003 when I heard that news about him. Glad to hear things are well with you.
Tiny

Postby dlarson101 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Good to know that Mr. Kline didn't waste his time teaching us. I still use what we learned from him as a hobby. I love working with wood to much to make a job of it. Congrats on the construction buisness in Amarillo.
Doug
Rafter-R
78-81

By the way,Have a Great Day!:-)
dlarson101

first name: Doug
last_name: Larson
From-To Years at BR: 78 - 81
Home: Rafter R

Postby Danny Kent » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks Doug,
Yes Mr Kline did pound something into my head and I'm glad he did.
Danny Kent

Postby Danny Kent » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Well it seems I have some updating to do!!! First We are still in business :lol: Second a whole bunch has changed :o

just go here and you can see :arrow: http://bluethunderconstruction.webs.com/
Danny Kent

Postby Tiny » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:48 am

Hello Danny,
Good to hear you all are weathering the storm! Nice web site and I like the examples shown because it allows for us all to see areas that need improvement in our properties. I know nothing about that type of construction and I regret that I didn't do more with Mooney and company when I worked for Bo Vandergrif.
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:02 pm

As a floor contractor of ALL floors for 29 years evolving into a Master Tile Setter, I like John Ruskin's logic. I don't know who he is but I like his thinking. I'm looking for a good job when I get finished with college in May, got any? <jamesrwaldrup@yahoo.com> I got to the ranch in Aug. 64, left in May 69, lived in Edwards too.
rob waldrup

first name: rob
last_name: waldrup
From-To Years at BR: 1964/1969
Home: Edwards

Postby Danny Kent » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Guys
Tis the season for NOT Construction It's the slow time and I'm having a hard time making ends meet, went on a job interview last week and he said he'd call me when the background check went through. called him this morning and he said this was the last week he was gonna be in business cuz corporate was closing him down. Just my luck :? been filling out apps at all the door and window places in town but I know I won't hear from them till spring.
if you guys got any suggestions or leads pass them my way I'm at the end of my rope till spring.
thanks for listing to my raving
Danny
Danny Kent

Postby Danny Kent » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:46 pm

James I'm always Hiring when I have the work I'll give ya a gingle on the next flooring job
Danny Kent

Return to Member Commerce