Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

69th Annual Rodeo August 31 + September 1 , 2013

Post info here. Date, Time, People, Stories, Photos...

Moderator: Jerry Nicholson

69th Annual Rodeo August 31 + September 1 , 2013

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 pm

That time is here again. I look forward to seeing everyone who can make it there.

Host Hotels
Ambassador Hotel - $89
and/or
Holiday Inn Express on Wolflin - $79. Their number is 1-806-322-3050.

Reservations need to be made by August 8th. Tell them you are with Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni to get the rate. Other rates apply to different room sizes.

Jeff Mitchell and I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express since 2006. I like the place and recommend it to everyone. This year it is one of the Host Hotels and the rates are great. I just made my reservations for Friday and Saturday.

My wife is coming out with me this year so it is a 2 day trip in the car each way with a nice hotel stop overnight instead of driving straight through on the motorcycle. I like to have her see where I grew up and meet some of the BR family. This will be her second trip and she is looking forward to it.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Re: 69th Annual Rodeo August 31 + September 1 , 2013

Postby Tiny » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 am

Also look at the best available is $59.00 on the H/I express 1911 I-40 East
Amarillo, TX.

I won't be attending this year because I need to get things in order at home. I hope you all have a good trip and I'd like to visit next year for the 70th annual event.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 am

Tiny, I am going to miss you. Will take photos and post for those that can't make it.

I looked at the other Holiday Inn Express and did not like the location. A good price if the location is right.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Postby Tiny » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 am

Jerry Nicholson wrote:Tiny, I am going to miss you. Will take photos and post for those that can't make it.

I looked at the other Holiday Inn Express and did not like the location. A good price if the location is right.

I was eager to catch up again; but I need to get my affairs in order and these things come in time.
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 am

Jerry,
I guess you are getting you bike ready for the trip to BR? Please give my regards to those who attend. maybe next year I can make as I will be more settled with my job and whatnot.

Be safe and watch out for the man!
Tiny

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 am

Tiny,

I just got home from vacation to Philadelphia and NYC to visit the kids. We are leaving on Thursday for BR. I am driving the car this year and the wife is going with me. She talked me into renting a car for a week instead of putting the miles on my car. I am going to miss you and Jeff is also not going to make it this year.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Postby Tiny » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Good idea about renting as you'll have a newer car and if it breaks they'll send another car and it is 3,000 plus miles that will not be on yours. Have a safe trip and I hope it is a nice one had by all.

BTW if you can find out about Lanny as I haven't seen nor heard from him in a really long time.

out
Tiny

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:57 pm

I talked to Lan a while back on the phone. His computer took a dump and he was trying to get it fixed.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Postby Tiny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:41 am

Jerry Nicholson wrote:I talked to Lan a while back on the phone. His computer took a dump and he was trying to get it fixed.

Last time I saw him he had a serious neck contraption he had to wear. Glad to hear he is doing ok and hopefully he can get his computer replaced or fixed soon.
Tiny

Return to Annual Rodeo & Reunion