Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Pet threads

this is for folk who have or had pets and want to share them with us

Moderator: Tiny

Re: Pet threads

Postby Tiny » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:33 am

BR-69 wrote:Thanks,we still have her granddaughter,Bumper or Boo-Boo as we sometimes call her,she is 4.

is she scooter trained? :lol:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby BR-69 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 pm

She will ride inside my leather jacket with her head sticking out.She just loves to go for a ride.She like the Jeep better as she can run around while riding.She really understands " wanna go for a ride" magic words you might say.When I leave for a ride,whether Jeep or Hawg,and do not take her the wife says she watches the door and listens for every little sound and acts kinda pissed that I did not take her.Then when she hears me coming she goes nuts.
I am working on finding a side car for my bike ,I bet both the wife and the dog will dig that.
"A MAN GOTTA STAND FOR SOMETHING OR HE WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING"
BR-69

first name: Keith
last_name: Cargill
From-To Years at BR: 1969
Home: Jim Hill,Maynard,Rafter-R

Postby Tiny » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 pm

A picture of my two knuckleheads thinking they were coming with me the other day. Vinny is the pink nosed and Carmine is the dark nose and they are really good cats.
Attachments
Vacation.JPG
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:35 pm

I would have to say thet are twin litter mates. Cool Kitties.
rob waldrup

first name: rob
last_name: waldrup
From-To Years at BR: 1964/1969
Home: Edwards

Postby Tiny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 am

They are brothers, they are called serengeti cats and someone also got into the wood pile along the way. My cats have many of the same features the full breeds have except mine have a black stripe all the way down the backs. http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/serengeti-cat.html I mean they are relatively mellow and very well natured however if I could get them off the counter tops I'd be much happier.
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:06 am

If I had the equiptment, I would post my brood. I'l look into that. W.C. Fields would say,"A Ubangi got into the fuel supply." Counter tops, eh? Well,... I do relate! I use mouse traps covered, gingerly, mind you, with single layer newspaper....on what ever I don't want them on. "Apple Bitters" also works. They develope a keen respect for newspaper after the first "SNAP"!!!! After that, newspaper alone will deter them. See, the paper is what disturbs the trap, hence, no whacked feet or tails. True story!! 8)
rob waldrup

Postby Tiny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 am

I've heard foil will work although I'd like to use some contact tape but the expence is a little more than my irish blood will let me spend. I'm gone so much that they do as they please so they will figure a way out and around most of what I do.

Just need a newer camera and micro soft picture manager and just post them as email large and it takes most everytime. I'll post uncle Billy tomorrow, he is my neighbors cat and he is part bobcat with the numb tail and all except he is black.
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 am

Uncle Billy, he is the neighborhood cat and he'd stop by and spend the night and sleep over and just acted like he owned the joint. With my cats I keep Billy out of the house because he wants to whoop some kitten ass!
Attachments
uncle Billy.jpeg.jpg
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I bet the other cats don't call him "Bob"!
rob waldrup

Postby Tiny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:35 am

rob waldrup wrote:I bet the other cats don't call him "Bob"!

They call him punk and that is why he is so pissed! His name is Billy Bob tail.....He is very smart and he misses very little in the hood.
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:32 am

Billy was over this morning wanting some food. I keep canned food for him and he sems like what I have to offer....He is a real card that one :lol:
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:45 am

My wife called me and said our beloved German Sheppard Dog has cancer and so Heidi our dog has been on medicine. This morning my wife called and said Heidi will need to be put down as soon as possible. I had hoped to been able to make it back home before Heidi left us. To say the least I am sad yet I am so happy to have had her in our lives and to know our dog saw a lot of things as we grew together as a family. This a nice picture I like to keep as a reminder of the good times. :D
Attachments
DSC00029.JPG
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:59 am

I feel for you Brother. I would rather you didn't have to have this experience. I have lost a few friends.
rob waldrup

Postby Jerry Nicholson » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:14 am

Sad. I lost mine a couple of years ago and I know it is difficult. The issue with pets is that we will outlive them. That is why some people don't have pets. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
Jerry Nicholson
"Semper Fidelis".
You can join the Army, you can join the Navy and you can join the Air Force but, you BECOME a Marine!
Having earned the title of Marine it becomes a integral part of who and what we will become later in life.
Jerry Nicholson
Site Admin

Location: San Fernando Valley Section of Los Angeles, California
first name: Jerry
last_name: Nicholson
From-To Years at BR: 1959-1965
Home: Ails

Postby Tiny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:31 am

I have a outdoor cat I named Dallas since she goes over on Dallas street in her roaming. She is a feral but has come around in the last year. She is still kind of weird and moody but since I got her fixed she is strating to settle down more and I can actually pet her more than just a feeding times. My indoor cats like her and she likes them. I let her come inside to briefly visit, and that is how I caught her so I could get her fixed. Needless to say she was extremely unhappy with me but after a few days after her surgury she came around and let me pet her.

She is a cool little cat and I am glad I don't have her kittens around my house.
Attachments
Dallas.jpg
Tiny

PreviousNext

Return to Pets