Site Announcements

If you are not already a paid CFBRAA member I want to encourage you to become one.
Our association is doing good things and helping out many with special needs and scholarships.
We aren't doing as much as we would like to do and not as much as one would expect, especially if you or someone you are close to are in need of financial help.
We are limited by the funds we have available, so what we can do is modest compared to the needs.

Here is what we were able to accomplish this year with less than 300 paid members:
1. Helped 15 families in crisis situations, providing medical help, housing, utilities, clothing, etc. You provided nearly $11K in crisis support to families.
2. Helped 9 alumni families send their children to college, providing $6K in scholarship assistance.
3. Helped scores of new alumni with transportation, providing $4K for vehicle maintenance and fuel for the Alumni Support Center.
4. Provided $500 to the residents of the Alumni Support Center to help with Christmas presents for their families.
5. Provided $500 to the homes at BR as awards for the Christmas Contest winners.

Join or Renew CFBRAA Membership Here:
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/OnlineGiving.aspx

Facebook Cal Farley's Boys Ranch Alumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9890186851/

Facebook CFBR Roughriders
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalFarleys.Roughriders/

New Photo Album Page for Events and Gatherings
http://www.boysranchtexasfamily.net/CFBRAA/

CFBRAA Website
http://www.calfarleysboysranchalumni.org/

Pet threads

this is for folk who have or had pets and want to share them with us

Moderator: Tiny

Re: Pet threads

Postby Tiny » Wed May 09, 2012 6:25 am

Tiny wrote:Uncle Billy, he is the neighborhood cat and he'd stop by and spend the night and sleep over and just acted like he owned the joint. With my cats I keep Billy out of the house because he wants to whoop some kitten ass!

Somebody took Uncle Billy recently and the owners are just sick about him being gone. The other cats at there home are confused and almost seem lost since he left and he was "top cat" I hope he has a good home and that they are doing him right and I know he'll stick around because he was a sucker for the good life.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
Tiny

first name: Tiny
last_name: Gee
From-To Years at BR: 79~85
Home: Veigel

Postby rob waldrup » Wed May 09, 2012 9:04 am

People got to be low "breeded" to STEAL a man's animal! :x :x 8)
rob waldrup

first name: rob
last_name: waldrup
From-To Years at BR: 1964/1969
Home: Edwards

Postby Tiny » Wed May 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Billy was really cool part bob-cat and he was a real ham to boot. I don't think taking a animal is very cool but people do the oddest things.
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 am

I have been looking at getting a Bird dog but I haven't decided yet because there are several breeds and I am stuck on two right now. I wanted to get some feed back from the group here as thoughts.

Bird-dog.jpg
Bird-dog.jpg (26.06 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Attachments
MA_birddog.jpg
MA_birddog.jpg (38.77 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 am

I dunno. I'm leaning to have one of each. I have four cats so I would guess one could have more than on animal. Nice color blue, though. 8)
rob waldrup

Postby Tiny » Wed May 23, 2012 8:54 am

I have 4 cats and a German Sheppard Dog and she is very old (11) so I was looking for a replacement for the sheppard and also something to entertain the cats. Kind of like two birds with one stone.....
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 am

"Two birds with one stone." That was a stretch but I laughed anyway. I'll send ya' the bill!!LOL :lol: 8)
rob waldrup

Postby Tiny » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 am

Well I have some news that is not good but on a brighter note I can say through the tears I am relieved and I know I was able to provide a good home to my trusty and loyal German Sheppard Dog. This morning at around 0400 she left us for the other side and sadly I wasn't around but my wife was and she kept her company until her last breath. I am sad and I am not in my best form of cutting up and looking for laughs, having said that I was able to spend a week recently with our dog and I did the stuff we did when I was working back east. Car rides, snacks and just being outside when I did yard work. We knew she would go and it was a time deal because she had bladder cancer and when the time was right we had decided to remove any additional suffering. But I guess her ole heart gave out and she lived a good life and we have many memories of the time together. She was from Wincester, Va. and she came to us on a cold saturday in January 10 years ago. She fell in line of pecking order to our now 16 year old cat and they eventually became good friends. That gave way to 2 more cats along the way, our girl was a loyal pet who truly loved her people and we will miss her.

Thanks for the memories it has been a great journey.
Attachments
DSC00015.JPG
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 am

I am sorry to hear of this great loss. I understand. I send our condoleances across the distance, OL' Buddy. Semper Fi, Carry On. Rob. :( 8)
rob waldrup

Postby Tiny » Sun May 27, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks. Both those dogs are now on the other side and I had some good times with them. Many of the guys I grew up with knew of the dog Pit/Bogers at BR. It was Peggrams dog but he stayed with me and he was a good dog and so that pit bull pictured of my sister in law was really nice and he was not the typical negative media pitbull.
Tiny

Postby Tom Weissinger » Sun May 27, 2012 8:30 am

Tiny,

So sad to lose one's beloved pet. You know I am feeling for you right now. I do hope you find a new one that maybe can make somethiing of a replacement. They are all individuals and each has it's own personality same as we do and I hope just the right one comes along. If you want to miss the puppy stage, go to your local adoption center and look for a mature one.
Tom Weissinger
Maynard Dorm
'59-63
Tom Weissinger

first name: Tom
last_name: Weissinger
From-To Years at BR: '59-'63
Home: Maynard

Postby Tiny » Sun May 27, 2012 9:13 am

Tom Weissinger wrote:Tiny,

So sad to lose one's beloved pet. You know I am feeling for you right now. I do hope you find a new one that maybe can make somethiing of a replacement. They are all individuals and each has it's own personality same as we do and I hope just the right one comes along. If you want to miss the puppy stage, go to your local adoption center and look for a mature one.

Thanks Tom, I can say every animal I own which is curren't (4) no load cats have all been adopted and even the Sheppard was adopted and they are good animals and it seems my family has had good luck over the years. But for now I think we'll stay dog free for a while as I travel so much and it is hard to do stuff with a dog unlike those no load cats.
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:36 pm

I've gotten a new cat that just showed up! These clowns around here have this way of dropping off animals at peoples house when they know you are responsible. So I have another Tuxedo cat-well kitten.

Mario the cat and my other two cats are being relative cool to him but I am sure it will be short lived after they get tired of being run ragged.
Attachments
Mario.jpg
Tiny

Postby Tiny » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

3_boys.jpg
Here is a few pictures of Henry the cat, I changed it from Mario because he looks like a Henry and he is getting on quite well.
They were looking outside from the wash room which is a favorite place to keep a eye on me when I am outside.
Attachments
Herny_1.jpg
Tiny

Postby rob waldrup » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:55 pm

He looks good, plenty of ears and a BIG black nose patch that fits perfectly. I ain't buyin' this "just showed up" stuff. I think somebody's throwin' out bait!! :shock: 8)
rob waldrup

PreviousNext

Return to Pets